For this reason, I offer my clients a documentation review service. I check that texts are actually ready to be translated, looking at factors such as:
- Does the whole text need to be translated in order to meet the client’s objectives?
- Is the text clearly written and logically structured?
- Does it contain any factual errors?
- Is there any unnecessary repetition?
- Does it use excessive jargon?
- Does it contain cultural references that could be confusing?
This service saves clients time and money in the longer run and helps ensure that their message is conveyed clearly and accurately.